CD Durations (Combined): 138.20 (2 hours 18 minutes) / Year: 2016.
2016 release of the rehearsal tapes for his 1995 UK tour & more! At the Wersi Spectra and Hammond. 2 hours 18 minutess.
The record label that produced this set, also released, “The Great Pop Organ Sound Of Klaus Wunderlich” later in 2016.
CD Synopsis by Alan Ashton:
It’s not generally known that Klaus Wunderlich, having contracted to do a UK tour, would then compile and rehearse his programme in readiness for the engagements. This would be a set programme and comprise of some items that he might have earlier released commercially in one form or another and some that were current. He then made what can only be described as a ‘rehearsal tape’ in order to check out timings and any last minute alterations. This would be recorded in his studio using the instrument he was to tour with, but without any studio audio enhancements. The concept was to choose the running order and the sound that the audiences would hear when he performed them live.
For the very first time, NOT NOW RECORDS are proud to release the rehearsal tapes for his 1995 tour. At first glance of the programme devout Wunderlich fans will perhaps say there is nothing new! On the contrary the greater majority are being heard for the very first time performed in lengthy un-interrupted medleys in the same way that he would then perform them in concert. Basically this double CD is a ‘live’ performance but without an audience being present! There is an added bonus in the form of eight of his compositions which have never been commercially released before.
Once again, the original reel to reel Master tapes have been restored by his friend and audio engineer Werner Kohlhammer, and the production compiled by ORGAN1st Radio presenter Alan Ashton who also wrote the sleeve notes together with professional concert & recording organist Ian Griffin.
NOTE: All tracks were recorded on a two track recorder and were not multi-tracked as most of his other recordings (i.e. his “Multichannel Playback Technique”).
Disc One (Running Time: 63.58):
(1) Tritsch Tratsch Polka (Johann Strauss II) [2.08]
(2) Blue Danube (Full Concert Version) [9.17]
(3) WUNDERLICH POPS SPECIAL MEDLEY [12.48]: Send Me An Angel / Because I Love You (The Postman Song) / Sacrifice / I Know Him So Well / Crying in the Rain / Nights in White Satin
(4) Espana (Chabrier) [3.27]
(5) MMMM! MARVELLOUS MUSICAL MEMORIES MEDLEY [18.47]: My Fair Lady Selection / If I Were a Rich Man / Willkommen / Come to the Cabaret / Maria / Somewhere / Ol’ Man River / Phantom of the Opera / Don’t Cry for Me Argentina / Memories (from Cats) / Hello Dolly / There’s No Business Like Show Business
(6) ABBA MEDLEY (Concert Version) [17.27]: Money, Money, Money / Dancing Queen / Fernando / The Winner Takes it All / I Have a Dream / I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do / Take a Chance On Me / Thank You For The Music / Waterloo / Thank You For The Music (Reprise)
Disc Two (Running Time: 74.22):
(1) KLASIK KLAUS MEDLEY [8.24]: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (Mozart) / Hungarian Dance No.5 (Brahms) / Romance for Violin & Orchestra in G Major (Beethoven) / Finale from Symphony No.9 (Beethoven)
(2) FILM MEDLEY (Concert Version) [22.11]: As Time Goes By / Lara’s Theme / Where Do I Begin? (Theme from Love Story) / Theme from Bonanza / More / Goldfinger / Theme from The Third Man / Zorba’s Dance / High Noon / A Spoonful of Sugar / Chim Chim Cheree / Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious / What’s New Pussycat / Hi Lili Hi Lo / Charade / True Love / Once Upon a Time in the West / As Time Goes By (Reprise)
(3) BEATLES MEDLEY (Concert Version) [15.21]: Yesterday / Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da / Penny Lane / Yellow Submarine / Let it Be / Lady Madonna / Yesterday / The Fool on the Hill / Michelle / Hey Jude / All My Loving / Yesterday (Reprise)
(4) MILLER BY TWO [4.36]: American Patrol / In the Mood / New York, New York (Version 1)
(5) New York, New York (Version 2) [3.35]
Bonus Tracks (Original Compositions):
(6) Eine Kleine Reise (A Little Trip) [2.46]
(7) Jahrmarkt Melodie (Fairground Melody) [2.38]
(8) Komm Nach Paris (Come to Paris) [2.22]
(9) Las die Sorgen bis Morgen (Leave the Worries Until Tomorrow) [2.24]
(10) Metro Paris [2.50]
(11) Play Boy [2.20]
(12) Riviera [2.31]